Choosing 2cm or 3cm Porcelain PaversUnikastone
If you want to start paving in a design project or on renovation of your property, especially for exterior and hardscape designs; porcelain pavers are a hot topic and new products. They can be used in places such as, a pool surrounds, patios, outdoor kitchens, outdoor living rooms, walkways or even driveways. Here, we try to explain reasons about why porcelain pavers can be a good feature to outdoor designing and hardscaping projects.
What are porcelain pavers
Just like earlier that we mentioned, porcelain pavers are the one of the newest products in renovations and hardscaping design projects. As for their advantages; they are very durable in different levels. With porcelain pavers vast design options, designers can create many different masterpieces. In today’s world, caring about our environment is an essential responsibility that each of us have; for that porcelain pavers are eco-friendly materials to.
Porcelain pavers are a mixture of sand, clay, and some other eco-friendly materials that are baked at extremely high temperatures. After being baked and cooled, different pattern and designs can be applied on them, the final product can match to any natural stone material that exist. They can be made in any design imaginable.
Advantage and Disadvantages of Porcelain Pavers
- Not needing and relying on sealing is another benefit of using porcelain pavers. You can assume that they do not need maintenance, they will stand the test of time without any significant change to their appearances.
- Due to the baking process, porcelain pavers are non-porous materials. They are resistant against molds or mildew and even with their cover and finishing, they can be stain-resistant too. They are not slippery, which makes them a perfect material for paving wet or near water areas, for example patios and pool surrounds.
- porcelain pavers can be more expensive than natural stone pavers, but they can outlast natural stone pavers. Also, the maintenance and repair costs of porcelain pavers can be less than natural stone pavers.
- In comparison to wood tiles for interior design purposes, porcelain pavers are more durable and they have high breaking strength. Also porcelain pavers are available in many different styles, colors and finishes which gives the designers a verity of choices.
- porcelain pavers are great materials in places with changing temperature. They can resist any damages by frost, snow, ice and heat. Also they can be even resistant to wind uplifts.
- porcelain pavers can be used in places such as labs and kitchens, because their water absorption is very low and they have resistance against stain, chemicals and salt. Also they are easily maintained and cleaned.
- There are many beautiful fireplaces designed by porcelain tiles, because they are fire-proof.
2cm or 3cm porcelain pavers |There are two different ways for porcelain pavers installation, which are the sand-set or mud-set methods. Note that, when installing any type of paver, the sand-set method can be the economical method of choice. As for the sand-set installation method, all the dirt near in the area where we want to place the pavers, should be compacted. On the top of it, a layer of course gravel should be placed. After that a layer of sand needs to be spread over the gravel layer. Now, the paver slab and tiles can be place and tapped into the sand. In the end and with a broom, an additional layer of sand is poured and spread all over the paving filed to fill any empty gap left between the joints. Sand in not expensive and is always available, it makes the repair and setting task of porcelain pavers easy with a low installation cost. This process of installation can save money as well as time.
What to choose between 2cm and 3cm porcelain pavers?
Which porcelain paver thickness to choose, really depends on your project needs and requirements. However, when it comes the time to choose your porcelain paving thickness, there are two different and popular thickness recommended; 2cm and 3cm ones.
The 2cm porcelain pavers are mostly known as a paving material used in luxurious projects in places like swimming pool surrounds, terraces, patios, gardens, rooftop decks, plazas, and sometimes for pedestrian walkways. Like any other porcelain pavers, the 2cm ones are not slippery so they can be used for outdoor hardscape and design projects in damp places or wet areas such as patios, outdoor kitchens, pool decks and gardens.
As for the 3cm porcelain pavers, they can withstand high and heavy loads without changing, cracking or any damage being done. So, they are mostly used for places like driveways, walkways, parking lots, pads, garages, ramps, entrance areas, boulevards and tracks of all types which basically means that 3cm porcelain pavers can cover any place that have many pressure and load applied on them over time. As we mentioned before, they are anti-slip surfaces, resist to temperature changes and frost, molds or mildew, and also stain which makes them the best choice for a paving material in any environment.
In the end, it is clear that the 3cm Series Porcelain Pavers, can have all the advantages of 2cm exterior porcelain pavers but with 50% more thickness which gives them the ability to last-long under heavy loads and pursuers.
With all that being said, whether you want to start a new project or redecorate your own house; the porcelain paver can have all the features you need them to have so they can perfectly fit to your project and style. For more information or questions contact us, we will be more than happy to help.
Leave a Reply